Tuesday, August 14, 2018

FLORIDA: Cassadaga


Cassadaga, also known as the Psychic Capital of the World, is a small community about 30 minutes north of Orlando, Florida. We visited this town a few years ago on a whim while we were in Orlando, and I've been aching to go back since. There is something just so bizarrely attractive about this place.

We arrived in the town around dusk, giving us enough time to enjoy a dinner at the hotel and pick up a quick psychic reading from a local. Being that is was dusk, there wasn't a whole lot to see or do. The psychic reading was a combination of palm reading and tarot performed by "Misty". As someone that studies science, I err on the side of skepticism in terms of the metaphysical. In some ways, the reading was accurate, but it's impossible to tell from our brief encounter if this psychic was legit or not. Either way, it was a fun experience that seemed necessary in the Psychic Capital of the World.

On my agenda for a future visit to Cassadaga, is the cemetery. This location is rumored to be haunted, and the locals are incredibly serious about keeping visitors away from the site after sundown.





Thinking of booking a trip? Try airbnb for local digs at a lower cost.


BLOGLOVIN | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | ETSY

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Cassadaga but now I need to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Previously, I had heard of it through a Bright Eyes song. Once I did some research and found out it was only a few hours from me, I had to explore!

      Delete
  2. This place looks pretty spooky. I'd definitely love to check it out!

    ReplyDelete